Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 23 Jul 2017
IRC Tanzania's current sectors include Gender-Based Violence, Child Protection Youth and Livelihoods, Reproductive Health, Community-Based Rehabilitation, Education, and Mental Health. The Grant Coordinator will assist in the development of all proposals, be responsible for tracking, coordinating the development, and submissions of all donor reports. In coordination with Deputy Director for Programs (DDP) she/he will contribute to program design and monitoring and evaluation initiatives, fundraising and developing new programs in refugee camps (in Western Tanzania), in host and urban settings (Dar Es Salaam and Kigoma Region).
The Grants Coordinator reports to the (DDP) and is a member of the senior management team and participates in the country program's strategic planning processes. The Grants Coordinator will supervise 1 Senior Grant Manager based in Dar Es Salaam and 1 Grant Manager based in Kigoma region.
Grants & Compliance
- Work with the Senior Grant Manager and Grant Manager to ensure that reports to donors are submitted on time; that reports are coherent and accurate (proposal, interim or final report)
- In coordination with DDP, Field Coordinators and the Grant Manager, organize Grant Opening and Closing meetings, as well as monthly/regular grants review meetings which include representation from each unit (finance, programs, logistics) and ensure proper follow up of issues raised
- Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as FM01, BvAs, procurement planning and activity plans amongst program teams to ensure accurate tracking of implementation and timely alerts to potential challenges/obstacles
- Coordinate with IRC-UK and IRC NY, monitor implementation of program to ensure they are in accordance with donor and IRC internal requirements and act as focal point in all communications with IRC Regional Unit and IRC UK office on Grants management issues, including sharing of monthly grant tracking updates.
- Maintain proper records of all Grants and sub-grants.
- Act as focal point in facilitating proposal and donor report reviews and approvals by technical advisors and other relevant persons at HQ (including maintaining OTIS).
- Act as custodian of documentation of institutional knowledge and program activities in coordination with relevant sector supervisors and coordinators.
- Train and support program staff on donor compliance, report writing, project and budget monitoring, record keeping, and Grants management.
- Work with DDP, Field Coordinators, Grant Manager based in the field, Technical Coordinators to support the process of quality proposals and the development of new projects and funding proposals
- Assist the DDP to align new proposals to the country Strategy Action Plan ( SAP)
- Liaise with NY grants units, technical units and IRC UK to ensure proposals meet internal standards, apply are donor compliant
- Visit field sites in order to work directly with program staff on the development of proposals and to regularly visit IRC program activities
- In coordination with DDP cultivate donor relationships nationally and for specific target regions
- Track upcoming opportunities by priority sector
- Develop a communication and visibility strategy and support preparation of materials such as brochures and newsletters.
- Support development of external communication tools as relevant for donor visits/meetings on IRC Tanzania as a whole and IRC Tanzania programs in particular
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline, Masters degree preferred.
- At least three years experience working in humanitarian or development programs; regional experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with international non-governmental organizations in the area of grant management previous experience in working with European and US public donors.
- Previous successful experience developing projects and writing proposals to donors International experience with experience in Africa.
- Skills and Abilities: Strong proposal writing and budgeting skills, IT proficiency, excellent communication and writing skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team setting, ability and willingness to travel to remote areas, and ability to prioritize high volumes of work to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills; Swahili a plus
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YXN0cmlkLm1hdGhldy42NTQ5NC4zODMwQGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20