Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 30 Apr 2017
Seed Change Tanzania has the following vacancy and encourages suitably qualified candidates to apply.
Seed Change Tanzania is a non-profit social enterprise working in Kigoma in Tanzania. Seed Change is committed to building a smallholder focused sustainable oil palm industry in Kigoma. More information about the organisation can be found at seedchangetanzania.org
Position: Program Manager
Location: Kigoma, Tanzania
Start Date: July 2017
Reporting to: Managing Director
Purpose of the job: Oversee and manage day-to-day operations. In charge of executing operational plans as well as contributing to the formation of medium-term strategic and organisational goals.
Job duration: Position initially for 6 months with contract extension conditional upon performance.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Tertiary degree in relevant field.
- One year developing country experience in a rural setting. East Africa/Tanzania preferred.
- Experience interacting with, and reporting to, donors.
- Highly computer literate.
- Experience working across cultural lines.
- Familiarity with agricultural field or community development work desired.
- Independent, flexible, detail orientated and committed to reducing rural poverty.
Salary and expatriate benefits package in line with sector norms.
Key Performance Areas, amongst others, include:
- Coordinate day-to-day operations to ensure all projects are executed to required standards.
- Liaise with department heads to ensure smooth operations.
- Complete financial transactions and record keeping.
- Manage existing donors and cultivate new ones.
- Maintain and strengthen the Seed Change brand both within Tanzania and abroad.
- Maintain good relationships with government and key in-country stakeholders.
- Logistics and asset management of all Seed Change staff and assets.
- Ensure compliance with Tanzanian financial regulations (PAYE, Pension Fund Contribution, etc.)
- Ensure all staff contracts and payments are executed.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and cover letter by 30th April 2017 as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “(Name of Applicant) – Project Manager” for example “Penelope Smith – Project Manager”.
This also confirms that by applying for the above-mentioned position you consent to Seed Change potentially conducting qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks as part of our recruitment process.
Should you not receive a response to your application from Seed Change within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful, we nonetheless want to thank you for your interest shown in our organization.