What is the kasahorow Writers’ Fellowship?
The kasahorow Writers’ Fellowship is a four-month program for writers. The program includes customized writing skills training and guidance to plan, write, and publish books. Through online guidance, fellows choose a subject, do their research, write and publish for the global market.
During the 4 months, fellows submit 6-7 online assignments, and take part in one-on-one calls with peers, and kasahorow staff. Fellows build their knowledge in, and receive hands on practical training in topics such as Selecting a subject, Researching your subject, and Writing for a language newbie.
Who can apply?
kasahorow seeks applications from writers and potential writers from everywhere in the world. Applicants may be citizens of any country.
As an interested applicant, you:
- Are motivated to write and publish books for an audience that is new to a language.
- Are excited to participate in a 4-month writing program, and
- Are willing and committed to do the work required to get your book written, and published.
- Are interested in working with kasahorow to translate your book into African languages to reach a broader audience and to advance kasahorow’s mission to modernize African Languages.
- The entire kasahorow Writers’ Fellowship is conducted in English. For that reason, we require you to be proficient in the English language to participate in the program.
- What are my responsibilities as a kasahorow fellow?
- 5-7 hours per week to work on assignments
- Submit assignments on time, and make suggested corrections.
- Submit only your own original work, not a copy of existing material
- Collaborate with kasahorow to publish, promote and sell your books.
- As a kasahorow fellow what will I receive?
- Improved knowledge, skills, and confidence in writing.
- The opportunity to write, publish and sell books in partnership with kasahorow
- A network of fellow writers from Africa and its diaspora.
How can I apply?
- To be considered for the program, Please fill an application here
- This application takes about 30 minutes to complete; Please set aside time to complete the application in one sitting.
- The deadline for applications is May 31, 2017.
- Should you have any questions or comments about the application, please email Doris Anson Yevu at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:kasahorow Fellowship Application.
- Applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted for a 30 minute Skype interview. All applicants, whether shortlisted or not, will be notified of a decision by June 30th, 2017.