ISS-Wits Joint PhD Programme
The Wits School of Law and International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) (Erasmus University Rotterdam) invites applications from prospective PhD applicants on a range of topics in international law, society and development such as:
- Critical, development-oriented aspects of trade and investment
- Socio-economic deprivation
- Human rights and humanitarian law
- Health and the environment
Applicants must be at entry-level for a PhD with an average of at least 70% in a Master’s degree within a relevant area.
Applicants who are successfully admitted to the programme will be waived of tuition fees from both ISS and Wits.
Interested applicants may apply for entry into the ISS-Wits Joint PhD Programme by emailing the following to Ms Raquel McBride (Raquel.McBride@wits.ac.za):
- An expression of interest that outlines the gist of the PhD study that you wish to undertake (approximately five pages in length excluding your preliminary bibliography);
- Academic transcript; and
- Curriculum Vitae.
Deeksha Bhana (Wits) at Deeksha.Bhana@wits.ac.za
Jeff Handmaker (ISS) at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details visit: www.iss.nl/jointwitsphd
- Source: https://www.wits.ac.za/law/news/wits-iss-phd