Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The position is responsible for managing the implementation of Child Protection Programme activities in the Kasulu/Kibondo area and to represent and advocate for Save the Children's work and organizational priorities in child protection with a wide range of external parties including government representatives, communities, donors, UN and other humanitarian agencies operating in the area. Provide leadership and guidance to the programme team
Contract Duration: 1 year fixed term contract
Location: Kigoma Region, Refugee Camps, Tanzania
Qualifications and Experience
- Required Master's Degree social work/social sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant international work experience in child protection programmes.
- Previous experience of managing a child protection programme in a complex emergency/refugee context.
- Demonstrable experience of using current quality standards and guidelines for child protection programmes.
- Strong planning and organisational skills to meet programme goals.
- Experience of managing the programme cycle, including assessments, proposal and report writing, Monitoring and evaluation.
- Solid knowledge base and practical experience in community based child protection approaches, case management and child participation methodologies.
- Strong experience and skills in management of staff from different backgrounds.
- Experience in building relationships, fostering interagency coordination and experience of representing an organisation to external parties.
- Strong self-starter, able to set up and manage child protection programmes.
- Experience in working in an insecure and politically sensitive environment.
- Commitment to Save the Children's Child Protection Policy.
- Strong computer skills, including the use of email and the internet.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Understanding of Eastern Africa and the Great lakes and the dynamics of the conflicts in the region.
- Experience of implementing the Interagency Database for Unaccompanied and Separated Children and UNHCR BID process.
- Experience of rolling out Child Protection Policies within organisational structures.
- Has high-level communication skills', including engaging and informative formal public speaking
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili (both spoken and written). Working knowledge of local language strongly preferred
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sets high standards for quality and consistently achieves project goals.
- Maintains and extends an effective network of individuals within the organisation and with government and development partner
- Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
- Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
- Proven ability to lead and work as a team
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
HOW TO APPLY:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'MKogi.email@example.com'
Closing date: 22 May 2017