The U.S. Embassy in Tanzania is pleased to announce that funding is available through the Public Affairs Section’s small grants program, which outlines our funding priorities, the strategic themes we focus on, and the procedures for submitting requests for funding. Please read carefully the instructions below before applying.
Program Office: Public Diplomacy (PD)
Announcement/Award Type: Grant, Individual Grant, Property Grant and Cooperative Agreement
Funding Opportunity Number: DOS-Dar es Salaam-FY17
Funding Opportunity Title: Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program
Deadline for Applications: July 31, 2017 (12:00 pm. GMT)
Individual award amount: The award floor is $2000 and the ceiling is $20,000
For Assistance with the requirement for PD Grants: Please contact DARPDProposals@state.gov. Please indicate “PD Small Grants” on the subject line.
The purpose of this notice is to award a limited number of grants to individuals, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, and academic institutions. Proposals funded by PD under this APS will further one or more of the U.S. Mission to Tanzania’s following Integrated Country Strategy and public diplomacy goals:
- Promote Democratic Governance and Human Rights
- Improve Health and Education, Especially Among Women and Girls
- Promote Broad-based Economic Growth
- Advance Regional and Domestic Security
1) Clear goals,
2) Reliable partner institutions,
3) A detailed evaluation plan,
4) Realistic timeline and project steps, and
5) A reporting plan covering the entire project timeline.
A good application should answer the important questions of who, what, where, when, and why.
Project proposals must include a detailed budget, demonstrating:
1) Reasonable costs,
2) Any applicable cost-sharing, and
3) A sustainability plan for the post-funding period.
We encourage creative and innovative proposals that advance one or more of the above mentioned goals. Proposals that focus on youth leadership, women’s empowerment and engagement of underserved populations will be viewed favorably.
All proposals must include the following items
- SF 424 Application form which is available: http://aopefa.a.state.gov/content/Documents/SF424.pdf
- A cover letter/application letter
- A description of the organization
- A description of the proposed project’s activities and goals
- A detailed budget.
- The projected period of performance (start and end dates)
- Support/recommendation letters (if available)