- Set a strategic vision for the office and lead, develop and direct the implementation of all aspects of World Vision Tanzania Ministry as an effective member of the Partnership in line with ‘Twin Citizenship’ principles to ensure solid ministry quality and high impact in the field; be accountable for all aspects of WV’s work in the country.
- Ensure that WV’s ministry directly aligns with LEAP 3 principles and contributes at scale to the sustained well-being of children and the fulfilment of their rights within families and communities.
- Have a strong external orientation and represent WV with all donors, project partners, WV Partnership Offices and divisions, local government, church representatives and non- governmental organizations, serving according to the Power of Attorney given by the Global Center.
- Ensure alignment with Vision Fund Tanzania (VFT), World Vision’s MFI arm, through participation in Vision Fund’s Board as Chair of the Board and other Governance structures, and provide appropriate collegial support to MFI Executive Director.
- Ensure alignment with GAFCo (Great Africa Food Company) a social impact farming company whose investors are also WV donors. Provide leadership for the 3-in-1 strategy (3 organizations WVT, VFT and GAFCo working together for one common purpose) which is to organize smallholder farmers, provide them access to farming credit and insurance products, supply improved crop inputs, provide extension services, post-handling/storage and linkages to markets. Participate as an observer/advisor to the GAFCo Board.
- Appropriately develop national governance through identifying national lay leaders for board membership and leading organizational transition.
- Maintain a strong growth with quality mentality and lead the office to leverage its private resources portfolio to ensure growth in the area of grants.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and support in the development and implementation of an effective Resource Development Strategy.
- Ensure people issues are front and centre, promoting an office that embraces diversity, interfaith collaboration, gender balance and engagement with all Partnership staff.
Deadline: July 24th, 2017