General Information on Recruitment
Applicants for employment must be at least 18 years of age. Based on local prevailing practice, the Mission has also established a mandatory retirement age of 60 for any employee covered by the Local Compensation and Benefits Plan. Such employees over age 60 cannot be covered by the Mission’s pension and risk benefits programs.
The Selection Process
- Short listing and interviews are normally completed within six weeks of the closing date. Please assume that your application has been unsuccessful if you have not heard from us within six weeks of the closing date.
- We will indicate on our vacancy announcement any job requirement which may require testing before final short-listing is completed and interviews are scheduled. You will be required to come to one of our HR Offices (depending on the location of the job) in person for testing.
- If the interview panel determines that you are the best person for the job, your previous employers will be contacted and asked to provide employment references for you prior to a conditional offer of employment being made.
- If you are not successful in the interview process, please be advised that we are unable to provide feedback to you about your interview.
- If you are selected for a position with the Mission, you will receive a conditional offer of employment which includes a breakdown of the salary and benefits offered as well as general information about terms and conditions of employment. After you accept our conditional offer, no changes can be made at a later time to the salary and benefits package. After acceptance of the conditional offer, you will be provided with medical and security forms which must be completed within five work days and returned to the HR Office
- Candidates should never resign from their current employment until they receive a final offer from HR. The final offer letter means that you have successfully completed the medical and security clearance requirements.