Country: Ethiopia, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 24 Jul 2017
It’s hard to believe that today over 663million people still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.4 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every minute.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programmes. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the rights of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
WaterAid is looking for a Regional Funding Manager (RFM) to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
The purpose of the role is:
Working within the Regional Team in East Africa, the Regional Funding Manager is required to support the Regional Director and the Country Directors in providing leadership in the development and stewardship of exceptional funder relationships, raising and managing restricted funds and promoting positive engagement with funders that surpasses their expectations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain a complete regional view of all restricted funding, funding gaps, and pipeline opportunities and ensure that country programmes regularly update the Restricted Income System.
- Assist country programmes in identifying priority funders in their respective countries and develop key relations with select funders in the region, working closely with the Regional Advocacy Manager and Regional Programme Manager.
- Have a degree level qualification in international development, economics or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Significant experience-based skills in planning, securing and managing funds from institutional donors and sound understanding of institutional and government donors, and funding policies
- Committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please visit our WaterAid website to see the job description pack and to see how to apply: http://www.wateraid.org/audience/jobs-and-volunteering/global/regional-funding-manager-24-07-2017-tanzania