Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 22 Apr 2016
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
This anticipated 20mln to 25mln USAID-funded program in Tanzania is aimed at increasing economic opportunities for youth in the agriculture value chains, increasing their income through entrepreneurship, employability, leadership life skills and workforce development.
The Chief of Party (COP) is the leader of the entire project team, responsible for overall implementation, results, and management. He/she is the team’s interlocutor with USAID and is responsible for establishing and maintaining constructive relations with counterparts across Tanzania. The COP is the final implementing team authority on management issues including staff, logistics, financial accounting and security.
- Provide overall management and leadership of technical, administrative, operational, and logistical direction of the project;
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID on management and technical work;
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with Tanzanian government officials, and senior-level national and county-level government officials;
- Lead coordination with USAID, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners;
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a Masters’ degree in business, economics, or other relevant field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience);
- Minimum 10 years of experience implementing youth-focused economic growth, workforce development, agricultural development or entrepreneurship projects in developing countries, of which five years was overseas in a senior leadership capacity of a project that involved managing a team;
- Experience working collaboratively with host country governments and the local private sector, and coordinating activities with those of other donors;
- Experience in project design and implementation, including financial management experience, such as budgeting; tracking, reporting and accounting; and procurement;
- Experience managing projects and/or an office with culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures;
- Prior experience in Tanzania or East Africa is required; and
- Excellent oral and written English required.
How to apply:
Please apply online: https://rew21.ultipro.com/CRE1010/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*5B2F57320C331014