Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 22 Apr 2016
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC's Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution's humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti. It also runs regional specialist units that provide support and expertise to the ICRC's delegations in East Africa, the Great Lakes region and the Horn of Africa.
The ICRC office in Dar es Salaam is seeking for an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of;
DRIVER – TANZANIA (KIBONDO) (Position open to Tanzanian residents only)
- Drive vehicles safely;
- Carry people, material and/or mail;
- Assist and/or wait for people (at the airport, etc.);
- Load/unload material in vehicles;
- Ensure that all passengers are wearing seat belts;
- Report any dents, repairs and services of vehicles;
- Report any minor or serious road accidents;
- Ensure maintenance routine (daily check-up of oil, water and fuel);
- Ensure that vehicles are clean and have spare wheels, tools and a first aid kit;
- Fill in and follow-up logbooks of vehicles.
- Secondary school level;
- 2 years work experience in a similar function;
- English (spoken/written), Kiswahili and either Kirundi or Kiha are mandatory;
- Driving license and skills for at least 5 years;
- Good knowledge of Kigoma and Kagera regions;
- Master's 4/4 and VHF use;
- Vocational mechanical training;
How to apply:
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their applications to;ICRC Human Resource Department, Email: email@example.com before 22nd April, 2016 (Indicate the position title on the subject line).
Mail applications MUST be put in a CLOSED envelop and addressed to;**The Project Manager, Tanzania Red-Cross P.O Box 101 KIGOMA**.
Indicate the position title on the cover of the envelop. Do not indicate your name on the cover of envelop.