Organization: African Institute for Mathematical Sciences
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 22 Jul 2016
Under the direction of the Deputy Rectors (Academic) at AIMS Tanzania and AIMS Rwanda and in collaboration with the AIMS Industry Initiative team, the SDO will be a key point of contact for the students at both Centres as they prepare for their future lives and careers. They will be a source of support and encouragement and provide the advice and counsel needed to guide career choices.
As the SDO, you will develop, coordinate and be responsible for programs to promote the personal and professional development of AIMS students. You will organize these programs and play leading roles in their delivery. Key aims will be to build the necessary knowledge, skills and experience to prepare students to plan and organize their own future lives and livelihoods, to practically contribute to employers’ needs and expectations, and to play leading roles in the social and economic development of Africa.
This is a full-time opportunity based at the AIMS Tanzania or AIMS Rwanda Centre of Excellence in Bagamoyo, Tanzania or Kigali, Rwanda respectively.
Do you have what we need?
· Possess a Master’s degree or higher qualification in a relevant field e.g. Human Resources, Marketing or Business
· Be bilingual in English and Kiswahili and/or English and French
· Have superb relationship management skills to network and build and nurture fruitful industry partnerships and to effectively interact with diverse students, staff and the public
· Have 5+ years’ experience in a similar role in an international setting, with particular expertise with African academia
· Be self-driven with the ability to work independently
· Have strong communications skills with a demonstrated ability to write and present orally
· Have teaching experience at university level
· Be able to demonstrate evidence of integrity and ethical behavior
· Have a genuine passion to heighten the development of mathematical sciences in Tanzania
· Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Internet applications (Skype, Google Apps)
· Be able to travel within and out of Africa, for periodic extended out-of-station stays of up to 8 weeks
How to apply:
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV to:[email protected] (i.e. quote “Student Development Officer TNZ/RWA” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until July 22, 2016.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.