THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF ENERGY AND MINERALS
APPOINTMENT AS CHAIRPERSON TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE PETROLEUM UPSTREAM REGULATORY AUTHORITY (PURA)
9th AUGUST 2016
On behalf of the Government of the Republic of Tanzania, the Ministry of Energy and Minerals hereby invites qualified competent Tanzanians to apply for consideration to the appointment as Chairperson to the Board of Directors of the Petroleum Upstream Regulatory Authority (PURA).
Pursuant to Section 17 of the Petroleum Act, 2015, the appointment as Chairperson to the Board of Directors of the Petroleum Upstream Regulatory Authority (PURA shall take into consideration the following qualifications:
- Citizen of Tanzania and graduate of accredited University;
- Person of moral character, proven integrity, and professional competence;
- At least ten (10) years experience in petroleum geosciences or engineering; health, safety and environment maters; law; business administration and management; and finance and economics or chemical processing or refinery engineering;
- Knowledge of the petroleum industry and regulation in different fields of the economy;
- No conflict of interest with the Authority’s activities; and
- Available for service as and when required.
Prof. J. W Ntalikwa
Ministry of Energy and Minerals,
5 Samora Machel Avenue,
P.O. BOX 2000,
11474, DAR ES SALAAM.
Email: [email protected]