Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 16 Aug 2016
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Contract length: 1 year
The role Work closely with local implementing partners, SC Child protection staff, and members of the Education sector working Group, UNHCR and other UN agencies, to strengthen technical quality of education programme and ensure that the programme goals are achieved. The Education currently aims to provide learning opportunities for out of school Burundi refugee children and their parents in refugee camps in north west The post holder will be required to provide overall field-level technical leadership for the sector, and ensure that SC's vision and overall program goals related to the sector are met. He/She is responsible for contributing to proposal development in line with SC goals and strategic directions. He/She is responsible for providing managerial, technical, and administrative support to partner staff during the implementation of an integrated program. For purposes of ensuring healthy collaboration between SC's response and other actors in refugee education/protection, the officer will actively participate in education-related activities and meetings
Qualifications and experience
- University Degree in Education, Social Sciences or related technical field.
- Two year progressive experience in implementation of Alternative Education programmes, refugee education, non-formal education, Life skills or related field.
- Previous experience in working with teacher training programs, vocational training programs or Accelerated Learning Programs (ALP) is desirable.
- Previous experience working in Early Childhood Care and Development
- Excellent Computing and data management skills.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in remote areas, work in a challenging work environment.
- Ability to take personal responsibility for completing tasks to a high standard and to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work flexibly and professionally in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Fluency in English
- This is an emergency recruitment. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date and the selected candidate must be available to commence duty immediately.
- Fluency in Kirundi
- Previous experience working in refugee settings
- Familiarity with the Burundi education system
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: '[email protected]'