MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS TCDC), located in Usa River near Arusha, was established in 1976 to prepare Danish volunteers to work in East and Southern Africa. Today it trains over 5,000 people annually from all over the world in Kiswahili language and culture, and in 70 governance, leadership and development courses. For more information please, visit www.mstcdc.or.tz
MS TCDC is currently undergoing a transformation, with a new strategy aimed at ensuring good governance and accountability throughout Sub-Saharan Africa, South America and Asia. In order to support this aim, the organization is looking for a vibrant, and motivated professional to take the position of Regional Trainer, who has expertise in TCDC’s subject matter areas of focus (i.e., Governance, Taxation, Gender Responsive Public Services, HRBA, Social Accountability, Leadership and Organizational Development).
Regional Trainer (RT)
The RT reports directly to the Head of Leadership and Governance Academy (LGA) and is a part of the team of Regional Training and Development Advisors. The purpose of the position is to lead the Governance, Tax Justice and Human Rights Based Approaches, capacity building project of the Centre: its key objectives, to ensure the satisfaction of trainees/participants through quality designing and delivery of Governance, Tax Justice and Human Rights Based Approaches Curriculum. The position will involve travel 40% of the time through East Africa, Southern and West Africa, South America and Asia.
1.0 Training Responsibilities
- Support the division of Training at MS TCDC with the delivery of governance related trainings in accordance with our commitment to be the training service provider for IP SO2.
- Support on the development of curricula for governance related courses as need arise. This will be in accordance with the 6 steps of the MS TCDC training management.
- Undertake consultancies on behalf of MS TCDC in the area of governance. This will involve writing proposals or taking part in tasks/assignments on already agreed bids/consultancies.
- Contribute to the programme development meetings as may be called upon by the Head of LGA from time to time.
- Design and develop training courses with a focus on Governance, Tax Justice and HRBA in line with the training management manual and ActionAid Denmark’s vision.
- Participate in the course formation, accreditation and identification processes of new courses at the Centre.
- Participate in marketing of the courses as assigned by the Head of LGA.
- Provide timely feedback and reports regarding the courses facilitated in and outside the Centre as agreed by clients and according to LGA requirements.
- Participate in the teaching, exam supervision, marking of scripts, mentoring and coaching processes in the academic programs, tailor made trainings and standard courses of the Centre.
- Deliver consultancies in and outside the Centre.
- Effectively represent the Centre in appropriate fora as assigned by the Head of LGA at national, regional and international levels.
- Provide advisory support to civil society organisations in the region in line with MS TCDC’s vision and mandate to strengthen civil society organisations.
- Conduct periodic field visits/tracer studies. Distil key learning points, co-ordinate research and experiences/‘best practices’ and feed these into policy discussions within the MS system.
- Advise the MS TCDC team on how to mainstream Governance, Tax Justice and HRBA as a cross cutting issue and promote coherence across MS TCDC training programs.
- Respond positively to any other tasks assigned by the Head of LGA.
- Facilitating in other courses when called upon and as when needed.
- Adhere to the pedagogic direction in the division and ensure high quality training.
- A Master’s degree in related fields, a PhD is an added advantage.
- A track record in developing training manuals and training experience in Governance, Tax Justice and HRBA for National and Local Governments.
- Knowledge and experience with modern adult learning and social transformation methodologies.
- At least three (3) years working experience with Governance, Tax Justice, Human Rights and Democracy work at national and international levels.
- Have a passion of good governance and accountability.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- High level of cross-cultural skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including computer literacy).
- Be able to display creative thinking, convincing facilitator and influencer, assertive and analytical with flexibility to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
The position will be based at the MS TCDC training centre in Arusha. The position is offered under ActionAid International/National terms and conditions typical for regional profiles with a fixed term contract of three (3) years with the possibility of extension depending on the future programmatic focus and programmatic needs of MS TCDC.
To apply, submit a motivation letter about why you are the most suitable candidate for the position, a resume and three (3) referees to [email protected] by 15th of August, 2016 at 16hr30. We value all applications but we can only respond to short listed candidates. While all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, women and disabled people are strongly encouraged to apply.
MS TCDC strives to be an employer of choice by respecting the rights of employees, by promoting intercultural diversity and give specific preference to women!