Since 1995, Dorcas has been active in Eastern Africa. Tanzania is one of our focus countries. Our vision is to expand our project portfolio in order to assist more local communities to flourish. For our field office Tanzania we are looking for an experienced:
Employment: 1.0 FTE
To be stationed at Usa River (Arusha area), Tanzania
The Country Director will be responsible for:
- Representing Dorcas in Tanzania.
- Expanding the portfolio of development & relief projects, mainly by local and institutional fundraising.
- Overseeing the logistical, financial, HRM and administrative management of the projects implemented by Dorcas and local partners.
- Maintaining strong relations with the Dutch and other embassies and establishing new relations with international donors, INGOs, local government bodies, UN coordination structures, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Providing security, technical advice and support to field staff and partner organisations.
- Training and support in implementation standards, guidelines and reporting.
- Timely submission of reports to headquarters and other (institutional) donors according to their requirements.
- University degree in International Development studies, Disaster Management or other relevant related studies.
- Minimum of five years relevant management experience in an international setting.
- Expert in Community Development and Humanitarian Aid.
- Experience in writing proposals, capable to pursuit, set goals and to achieve them.
- Leadership skills, proactive attitude, flexible personality, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in representing a non-profit organisation.
- Knowledge of the Tanzanian culture, background, politics, diversity and history.
- Fluent command of English and preferably Swahili.
- Ability to travel and work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Adherence to the mission and vision of Dorcas.
- Active membership in a church.
- Become part of an international and dynamic team.
- Receive a suitable salary and good employment conditions.
- Have ample opportunity for personal growth.
For questions about this vacancy, please contact Dirk Jan Otte at +31(0)228 595900 or by email at [email protected].
You can send your application letter and CV at the latest by 11 September 2016 to: [email protected].
We invite you to explicitly write about your Christian motivation in your application letter.
Click here to download the vacancy (pdf)