- Pre and post-colonial states, institutions and local experiences.
- Histories and legacies of liberation struggles.
- Regional integration, new development and economic alternatives.
- International political economy and the role of African humanities.
- Heritage, identity and culture (including literature, performance, art and musicology).
- Only non-South African citizens (based in any African country) from designated groups, with a preference to women.
- Not older than 45 years old at the time of the application.
- A successful completion of a Master’s degree, or entering the first year of PhD/doctoral study following an upgrade from a Master’s registration, or registered for PhD study in first year of enrolment.
Read more: www.nihss.ac.za