Rrules & Eligibility
- The 2017 Bow Seat Ocean Awareness Student Contest opens for submissions on Thursday, September 15, 2016. All submissions must be received by Monday, June 19, 2017 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET) to be considered in the 2017 Contest. The online platform will close automatically at the Contest deadline. Please plan accordingly!
- This is an international Contest and is open to eligible students worldwide.
- Any student in grades 6-8 (or the international or homeschool equivalent) is eligible for the Middle School division. Any student in grades 9-12 (or the international or homeschool equivalent) is eligible for the High School division. As long as you were a middle school or high school student for any amount of time during the Contest (September 2016 – June 2017), you are eligible to enter.
- Participants under the age of 13 must have a parent or legal guardian complete a Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) Parent/Guardian Consent Form and upload it as part of their submission.
- Entries may be submitted by an individual or group of unlimited size. If you submit as a group, there must be one group leader who will serve as the contact person for the group. All of the names of the group members must be listed in the submission. Award money will be split among the group members.
- Any student may submit (i.e., have their name included in) only one entry per category. Therefore, a student may have a maximum of four different submissions, one in each category.