As of May 2016, Tanzania was hosting over 140,007 Burundian refugees and number was project by UNHCR to reach 170,000 people by the end of 2016. In view of this, NRC has decided to establish an operational office in Kibondo area in north western Tanzania to respond. The initial focus of the operation will be in Mtendeli/Karago and Nduta refugee camps. NRC will start with interventions focusing on two sectors, shelter (transitional, including a WASH component; family latrines) and education (initially construction of permanent classrooms).
The purpose of the Project Development Manager is to design, develop and implement Shelter & WASH programme/project in a small and medium size Country Operation or a start-up/small Shelter & WASH in a large country.
- Generic professional competencies:
- Higher education, preferably within architecture or engineering or related fields of study
- Programme management experience from a senior level position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Technical Shelter/WASH expertise with minimum 5 years of international experience managing and implementing shelter/WASH project. Experience with start-up of shelter and WASH, or related programmes is an advantage
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Valid driver’s license
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge in French and/or Kirundi is an advantage.
- Experience with start-up of new shelter and WASH programs, including assessment, developing program strategies and proposals.
- Ability to use ICT software to develop proposals, budgets, work plans, and monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards such as Sphere and HAP.
- Experience in training and capacity building of staff, and aptitude for community mobilization