Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 02 Dec 2016
The tasks and responsibilities described in this job description are applicable in Western Corridor, which covers the ICRC office in Kibondo and any other areas where the ICRC is implementing activities in this Region.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:**
- Purchase:** Being in charge of the purchase process in compliance with ICRC financial rules, making sure that the supporting documentation of any expenses is exhaustive and bears all required information/signatures, proceeding with payments in cash and preparing payments by means of cheque or bank transfer
- Bookkeeping:** Entering all accounting entries on a daily basis, ensuring a proper/safe filing of supporting documentation and preparing the daily cash control and monthly accounting closure according to the requirements and deadlines put in place
- Premises:** Ensuring a follow-up of all premises aspects such as furnishing, inventory, cleaning, maintenance, utilities, storage of items, security measures, environmental measures and waste management
- Welcome:** Organizing airport pick and drop, administrative briefing (giving all relevant information) and accommodation (in ICRC premises and hotels) of ICRC staff
- Human Resources:** Participating to the process of recruitment of new ICRC staff and following HR topics related to all ICRC staff
- ICT/Radio:** Ensuring a follow-up of the ICT system/equipment and monitoring the radio communications related to movements of ICRC vehicles
- Logistics/Fleet:** Monitoring movements of ICRC vehicles according to operational needs, arranging refueling and maintenance of ICRC vehicles and following air/road shipments going to Western Corridor or leaving from Western Corridor
- University degree, preferably in Business and/or administration or equivalent;
- At least 3 (three) years’ work experience in a similar function;
- Experience in a similar organization is an asset;
- Excellent command of English;
- Excellent computer skills (Excel in particular);
- Knowledge of one accounting software is an asset;
- Ability to work independently but bearing in mind a strong team spirit;
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to set deadlines.
Interested and qualified persons, female or male, with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application by email to the Human Resources Department on the e-mail below, before 2nd December, 2016.
Please include; updated Curriculum Vitae, Cover letter, Current and Expected salary and contactdetails of three referees. (Indicate the position title on the subject line).
How to Apply: Human Resources Department, International Committee of the Red Cross
P.O Box 23431, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.