Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 31 Jan 2017
Can you imagine people daily trekking 15 KM to fetch two buckets of water for drinking? Are you self-motivated to help deprived and poor people stand on their feet? Are you willing to help orphans and widows to live a decent life?
If yes, here is the challenging opportunity for you to make difference in the lives of extremely deprived and vulnerable people in Tanzania.
About the Role: Looking for highly devoted and dynamic candidates, who will write proposal/expressions of interest to potential donors including NGOs, Trusts, Foundations, Corporate sector, Associations, Universities and individuals donors and follow up with donors.
Position Based in:
It is meant to be home based position; however ID students and interested candidate can be sponsored for stay in Tanga/ Pangani Tanzania and IH will bear cost of visa, accomodation and food.
About Islamic Help: www. islamichelp.org.uk
Islamic Help, established in 2003, is a UK-based relief and development organization, working in Asia, Africa and Middle East, fighting against poverty, social injustice and natural disasters. The main thematic areas of Islamic Help’s work are: emergency relief, orphan care, water and sanitation, disaster risk reduction and income-generating projects. Currently, Islamic Help has projects in 20 countries worldwide, Tanzania being one of them.
Islamic Help Tanzania: www.islamichelp.co.tz has been working in since 2009, thriving for sustainable community development by implementing projects covering orphan care and sponsorship, water and sanitation, environmental sustainability, livelihood and economic empowerment, education, food security and gender equality. Most of our work is going on in the Coastal Regions of Tanzania.
Role and Responsibility:
The position offers part time flexible opportunity to fund raise with no specific requirements of time schedule and amounts to be raised. The ideal candidate can be from any company, NGO, business, Trust which undertake charitable activities in Africa.
1. Identifying the diverse source of funding, including NGOs, Trusts, Foundations, Corporate Sector, Associations, Universities and individuals donors in their respective countries.
2. Establishing initial contacts with potential donors base, and presenting Islamic Help work in Tanzania via expressions of interests.
3. Sharing Islamic Help project updates, reports and videos with the potential donors base.
4. Writing quality proposals, concept notes according to donors requirements and following it up with donors.
5. Visiting Tanzania occasionally to see the project implementations and share the projects updates with donors.
What Islamic Help Offers
- Full cost for visit to Tanzania and stay in the project locations
- Will be given an induction and training on all aspects of this role
- Database of potential funding organizations
- Islamic Help visibility material including projects updates, news letter, reports and videos.
The candidates will be paid travel and communication expenses required for fundraisings activities in the respective country. Once the project resources are mobilized and secured, the candidates will be paid accordingly to the budget, kept for the positions.
Who is the Most Suitable Candidate?
- We are looking for volunteers, students, internee, professional NGO or aid workers, who are motivated to help people in need. It is great learning opportunity to practice quality proposal writing under the leadership of senior managers.
- Self motivated and can inspire other to serve less- privileged and poor people in Africa
- Excellent writing skills in written English
- Students of International Development, and other social work looking for internship in Africa
- Excellent inter-personal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of NGOs/ humanitarian and aid work
Interested individual should submit motivation letter explaining reasons for motivation, and how they are best suited for the above role. Please send CV/resume and motivation letter to [email protected] or skype “amjad.tanoli” or for further details.