As of May 2016, Tanzania was hosting over 140,007 Burundian refugees and number was project by UNHCR to reach 170,000 people by the end of 2016. In view of this, NRC has decided to establish an operational office in Kibondo area in north western Tanzania to respond. The initial focus of the operation will be in Mtendeli/Karago and Nduta refugee camps. NRC will start with interventions focusing on two sectors, shelter (transitional, including a WASH component; family latrines) and education (initially construction of permanent classrooms).
The purpose of the Project Development Manager is to design, develop and implement Shelter & WASH programme/project in a small and medium size Country Operation or a start-up/small Shelter & WASH in a large country.
- Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Allocation of resources and costs expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Tanzania/East Africa
- Fluency in French or Kirundi is an advantage
- Experience with start-up of new country or area operations.
- Experience with the use ICT software to develop proposals, budgets, work plans, and monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Experience in training and capacity building of teams and staff
Open the following link for application and more or https://unjobfinder.org/jobs/239311