Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 20 Dec 2016
SENSE INTERNATIONAL (TANZANIA)
RECRUITMENT OF A FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER FOR TANZANIA
Sense International is a global charity that supports people with deafblindness in countries where some of the poorest people live – India, Bangladesh, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Peru and Romania. We work in active partnership with local organisations and governments to support people with deafblindness to realise their rights as equal members of society, through building the capacity of essential services, supporting families, campaigning and spreading knowledge about deafblindness and complex sensory impairments. It has its headquarters in UK, and a Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya. Sense International (Tanzania) is currently supported by the Big Lottery Fund (BLF) of UK and the Human Development Innovative Fund (HDIF) in Tanzania. We are seeking to fill the vacancy of Finance and Administration Officer.
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Reporting to the Country Director, you will:
- Ensure adherence to accounting procedures and systems, and internal controls.
- Take an active role in the preparation of budgets and monitoring of budget expenditure.
- Prepare periodic financial reports for the Country Director and the Finance Manager in UK
- Analyse the country programme’s cash needs and prepare requests for cash transfers.
- Manage the general office book-keeping.
- Manage the cash book and petty cash.
- Manage the Sage Accounting software.
- Reconcile the Bank and ledger accounts.
- Maintain and safe guard the fixed assets and current assets of Sense International (TZ).
- Ensure that Sense International (TZ) is compliant with statutory regulations of Tanzania.
- Monitor the accounting by all partners of grants extended to them by SI (TZ).
- Carry out general office administrative functions
- Minimum of Diploma in Financial Management and Accounting, Business Administration
- Financial accounting experience with an NGO. A disability NGO is desirable
- Experience in office practice and management
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong personal integrity and discretion.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads.
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision.
- Must be a Tanzanian national or with legal right to remain and work in Tanzania.
The terms for this post are permanent, with a starting salary of TZS 1,478,466. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV and application letter addressed to the Country Director of Sense International Tanzania on [email protected] You must state your current salary, along with the reasons for your interest. Please also provide your day time telephone contact. The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 20th December 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For further information about Sense International, please visit our website at www.senseinternational.org.uk
Sense International is an Equal Opportunities Employer.