- Work to embed VSO’s global financial management policies and internal controls in the daily practice of VSO Tanzania, providing quality assurance for this function, and stepping in to provide whatever support may be needed in a hands-on capacity to deal with any staffing gaps.
- Follow up any issues/risks/recommendations arising from recent investigations into fraud, an internal audit in April 2017, and recent support visits looking at processes around advances and procurement.
- Regularise VSO Tanzania’s status in Tanzania with regard to its registration and registration obligations, including the payment of any registration fees and the submission of annual and audit reports.
- Review VSO Tanzania’s volunteer recruitment, on-boarding, and visa requirements such that it is possible to bring in international long- and short-term volunteers in a timely fashion with the correct paperwork. Ensure clear information is shared with colleagues in the wider VSO around timelines and paperwork expectations, and that People Group internal controls and procedures are embedded in practice.
- Support the country director in embedding the People First principles in VSO Tanzania’s ways of working, with a particular focus on strengthening the organisational culture and promoting the behaviours we want to see.
- Document learning for the wider VSO
Terms of Reference