Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 03 Mar 2017
IBTCI is currently seeking an Economist to include in a proposal to conduct a Performance Evaluation of USAID/Tanzania’s Development Objective 2: Inclusive Broad-Based Economic Growth Sustained. The evaluation will be under the multi-year USAID/Tanzania Data for Development project. This project will provide services to support the improvement of data-driven decision-making, planning and implementation for the Mission, its implementing partners, and strategic local partners, including the National Bureau of Statistics and other Tanzania institutions.
The Economist will assist with the design, planning, and implementation of the evaluation throughout the three phases. The position will require field work in Tanzania and is contingent upon award.
Education: Possesses a Ph.D in economics, international development, social science, or a related field.
- More than 10 years of professional experience and an understanding of issues related to sustainable economic development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, supervision, and management skills.
- Must have an ability to work with and lead diverse teams.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili is required.
- East Africa experience is considered a plus.
Please submit all application materials at https://careers2-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&hashed=-435657028.
No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted. IBTCI is an equal opportunity employer.