- Implementation of the RFL activities done by the Tanzanian Red Cross Society (TRCS);
- Maintains contacts with TRCS staff in charge of RFL activities;
- Collects relevant information in the area of intervention on RFL;
- Prepares and organizes the transfer of children in eventual cross-border family reunifications;
- Participates in detention visits;
- Development of an RFL strategy for migrants;
- Training of TRCS RFL staffs on how to use tracing tools;
- Filing and collection of RFL statistics;
- Translate from Kirundi/Swahili to English and vice versa;
- Planning and implementing of meetings;
- Routine secretariat duties;
- Develops and maintains a network of relevant interlocutors;
- Promote the TRCS/ICRC RFL activities when meeting international and national stakeholders;
- Attend inter-agency, camp coordination and protection meetings;
- Understanding of the security situation in Western Corridor.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field (Laws, Human Rights, Sociology, Social Work, Education);
- 2 years’ experience in a similar function preferably within an international organization;
- Technical capacities on tracing activities and coordination with other organizations;
- Training and capacity building skills;
- Knowledge of Swahili and Kirundi (or at least Kiha) oral and written skills;
- Excellent oral and written English, knowledge French is an added value;
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet).
Interested and qualified persons, female or male, with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application by email to the Human Resources Department on the e-mail below, before 17th February, 2017. Please include; updated Curriculum Vitae, Cover letter, Current and Expected salary and contact details of three referees. (Indicate the position title on the subject line).
How to Apply: Human Resources Department, International Committee of the Red Cross Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.