The award is a 20.000 € research grant applied to a one-year investigation. This year, a maximum of three teams will be awarded the Research Grant.
COMPLETED OR ONGOING PHD, ENROLLED AFTER 1ST JANUARY 2011 (INCLUSIVE), MAX 35 YEARS OLDON THE 31ST DECEMBER 2017.
Completed proposals must be submitted online through the BCFN web site by June 28, 2017 11:59 p.m. CET.
The objective of the research proposal is to make more sustainable one or more themes of the agri-food system, in terms of environmental, social, health and/o economic aspects.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Sustainable and healthy diets;
- Urban food systems and policies;
- Resilient agriculture, land use change and agro-ecology;
- The nexus between climate change, energy and food;
- Sustainable water management;
- Food supply chains;
- Ecosystems and ecosystem services;
- Healthy lifestyles;
- Food waste reduction;
- Food policy development;
- Food security: availability, access, utilization, stability;
- Communication technologies and networks;
- Youth and women’s involvement in agriculture.