Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 24 Mar 2017
The Mitchell Group (TMG) is an organization that has been providing a variety of international consulting services for over 29 years in the areas of M&E, Support Services, Financial Management and Grants, and Basic Education and Training. TMG manages a development assistance process that helps realize a better future to men, women, and children around the world by increasing educational, economic, and technical opportunities to better their lives. Toward this end, we help organizations and governments to design and implement the most effective programs possible.
TMG is seeking a qualified Statistician to provide evaluations/assessments/research support services for an upcoming three year USAID-funded Data for Development Task Order in Tanzania. The goal of this effort is to provide services to support the improvement of data-driven decision-making, planning and implementation for the Mission, its implementing partners, and strategic local partners, including the National Bureau of Statistics and other Tanzanian institutions. The ideal candidate will
- Assist in the design and implementation of the evaluation.
- S/he will manage data entry and cleaning and perform data analysis, including statistical analysis based on quantitative and qualitative data.
- The statistician will produce reports and data visualizations that effectively communicate quantitative figures and conclusions.
- S/he must possess an advanced degree in the field of statistics, or a related field that includes robust quantitative analysis.
- S/he must have at least seven years of professional experience in developing, leading, and analyzing survey instruments.
- Must possess knowledge of current best practices, data collection methodologies, and relevant data software, including the use of tablets, smartphones, and evaluation-related software applications is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, required; East Africa experience, a plus.
If interested in this opportunity please submit a copy of your most up to date resume with three professional references to [email protected] with "**Statistician"** in the subject line. Only finalists will be contacted.