- Supervise and coordinate the work of the staff of the Witness Support and Protection Unit (Kigali Office).
- Coordinate and ensure effective implementation of support services to witnesses and victims. Supervise the provision of direct, practical support to witnesses and victims. Supervise follow-up on and monitoring of the well-being of witnesses after trial and facilitate after-care by maintaining contact and liaising with relevant national bodies and NGO that provide such services for witnesses and victims.
- Plan and oversee the implementation of a witness protection programme for witnesses prior to, during and following testimony before the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda and/or the Mechanism. Oversee the implementation of protective measures ordered by the Chambers. Liaise with relevant national and local governmental bodies that will provide protection services. Oversee the movement of witnesses, as required.
- Establish and maintain a wide network of contacts with specialized agencies and liaise with relevant national and local governmental and non-governmental bodies on witness protection and support matters. Prepare, revise and monitor interagency agreements and agreements with Governments in relation to the implementation of relevant programmes in the field for the protection and support of witnesses. Support networking between NGO's, relevant Government partners and institutions to mobilize awareness and support for the Mechanism's policies and programmes on victims' and witnesses' support and protection measures.
- Maintain detailed records on individual cases of witnesses, including their needs and assistance required and provided to them, and ensure strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Provide regular analytical reports to the Officer in Charge on witness support and protection activities and the activities of the Unit.
- Coordinate all activities of the Kigali Office including ensuring provision of administrative support to staff at that office
- Represent the MICT at Official meetings including participation in UN system meetings in Rwanda
Closing date: Monday, 3 April 2017