Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 09 May 2017
ABOUT RESTLESS DEVELOPMENT
Young people share a restless determination to address the problems that affect them the most. That’s where we come in.
We are Restless Development, a youthful, dynamic and innovative national agency which carries the banner for youth led development in Tanzania and globally. Everything we do is led by and through young people. We are who we serve, placing young people at the forefront of change, empowering them to take leadership roles addressing the most urgent issues facing their communities.
As the leading agency for youth led development, we put young people at the heart of our work, from community to board level. We recognize young people as an asset, who can and do contribute to, and lead change. Our vision is:
A world where young people are at the forefront of change and development, achieving a just and sustainable world for all.
We champion the engagement, position, and ultimately the influence of young people at every stage of development. Since 1993, we have been applying our experience to engage young people and young professionals at all levels of our organization to lead change. Our unique youth-led approach has been cited best practice and won awards from the Stars Foundation, World Bank, UNAIDS, and most recently the 2014 Resolve Award for Mabinti Tushike Hatamu.
For more information: www.restlessdevelopment.org/tanzania
ABOUT THE ROLE
Job title: Grants and Donor Relations Coordinator
Location: Dar es Salaam
Salary: 30,435,069 TSH gross per year
Preferred start date: As soon as possible
Length of contract: 1 year (with renewal)
Reports to: Senior Investments and Partnerships Manager
Direct reports: Marketing and Communications Assistant
Expected travel: Travel within Tanzania as required.
1. Donor Relationship Management and Reporting (60%)
- Attend meetings with existing donors and partners and manage relationships as main point of contact
- Develop and maintain a system for delivery of donor reports working to ensure high quality reports delivered on time
- Schedule and coordinate regular grant management meetings to monitor progress against activities and spend for key restricted grants
- Deliver high quality editing of reports to ensure a good level of English is presented
- Filing and administration for the Fundraising and Partnerships unit including ensuring electronic and paper filing in place for donor and/or general audits
- Communicating risks to Fundraising and Partnerships Manager which affect timely and accurate financial, narrative, or relationship risks which might jeopardise good relations with our donors
- Training of staff on grant management and donor reporting requirements
- Coordinate donor-related events
- Conduct online research on funding opportunities.
- Assist in the preparation of briefing papers for meetings, pitch documents and proposal
- Support new partner meetings to promote Restless Development
- Source high quality stories and content for donor and new partner materials
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Assistant to develop communications plans for key donor funded projects to raise profile of Restless Developments work internally and externally
- Support in development of materials to enhance visibility
- Lead the development of annual reports and other published materials
- Oversee final copy editing of marketing materials, research reports and case studies to ensure a good level of English is presented
- Support social, print, TV and radio media planning and engagement
- You may occasionally be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted
- Undertake any other duties as requested, supporting communications and partnership building across the Tanzania country programme
- Any other responsibilities as needed by the team