Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 29 May 2017
help2kids is looking for a motivated Marketing Coordinator. Gain great experience working with a small NGO in Tanzania!
help2kids is a young, dynamic organization located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania's largest city. We help orphans and vulnerable children by providing food, shelter, and lots of love at our Children's Home. We help the community by working with and providing budgetary support to a local nursery and primary school. We promote sustainable development and socially responsible tourism by feeding the profits from our guest house back into our projects.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator to manage our growing marketing needs at our project in Tanzania with a possibility of travelling to Malawi if needed. This position is unpaid, but all flights, accommodation, and visas will be covered. Laptop and phone provided. The 12 month position will be held in Tanzania and we are looking for someone to start by June 7th, 2017. This is a great position for someone who is passionate about improving children's lives, social media savvy, a good writer /editor, and wants to be part of an international team.
To learn more about us, please visit www.help2kids.org and www.friendlygecko.com.
- Post regular social media updates (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) Tanzania and Malawi.
- Write bi-monthly blog about our projects in Tanzania and oversee blogs from Malawi.
- Write and compile quarterly Volunteer Newsletter (Tanzania / Malawi).
- Write funding proposals, as requested by the Field Manager/ Head Office (at least 4-5 funding proposals each month).
- Update and improve website content.
- Advertise and update content about our programs on various volunteer platforms.
- Gather original photo and video content.
- Photo and video editing.
- Responsible for digital and print marketing/promotional material (banners, postcards, flyers, etc.).
- Coordinating marketing efforts between Tanzania and Malawi.
- Write funding proposals, as requested by Head Office.
- Other marketing and fundraising tasks, as requested.
- Working together with Field Managers in Tanzania and Malawi and Head Office Switzerland on specific cross border and international marketing projects.
- Other tasks, as requested, including helping out with general administration.
Things we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Fluency in English (Additional languages - Swahili and German considered great advantage in this position).
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- A passion for working with children and youth.
- Ability to work with limited resources in a sometimes challenging environment.
- Experience with Photography and using a DSLR camera.
- Proficiency working with basic web programs/ CMS Wordpress.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Comfortable working with basic web programs.
- Work well under minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Work well with team of local staff, international staff and volunteers.
- Be willing to live in a dormitory at our guest house (www.friendlygecko.com) shared with volunteers (6 bed room).
- Willingness to participate in the children's lives in a positive way and set a good example by your behavior at all times.
- Commitment of at least one year.
- Previous development experience preferred.
- Previous experience living in Africa preferred.
- Experience in picture / video editing preferred.
Food, housing, flight, visa, travel and communication stipend provided. Laptop and phone provided on the ground.
How to apply:
Send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] by Monday May 29th, 2017. Mention Marketing Coordinator Position in the subject field. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your interest in the position. NO PHONE CALLS**.**