Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized in Italy. Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, actually CUAMM is working in Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
JOB TITLE Paediatrician/Neonatologist
JOB LOCATION Tanzania, Iringa Region, Tosamaganga Hospital
START DATE September 2017
DURATION 6-12 months
- University Degree in Medicine and Surgery with further specialisation or equivalent title in Paediatrics
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Solid experience in paediatrics. Experience in neonatology and malnutrition will be an asset
- Previous experience in Paediatrics in Developing Countries
- Improve the quality of paediatric and neonatal services in Tosamaganga Hospital
- Contribute to the strengthening of staff technical skills
- The paediatrician is in charge of the Department of Pediatrics, Neonatology Unit and nutritional unit. The specific tasks will be:
- Ensure proper functioning of the Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology Unit
- Supervise the malnutrition unit and related data collection activities
- Carry out training activities (on-the-job and formal training) of personnel assigned to neonatal and child services
- Contribute to the smooth functioning of the information system and to the strategy of quality of services improvement put in place in the hospital
- Mentor - as a tutor - a pediatrics intern entered in the Junior Project Officer program
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selection interviews will take place at Cuamm HQ in Italy (Padua) or at Country offices in Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. The NGO does not cover travel expenses for selection.
Closing date: 08 Jun 2017