Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 21 Jun 2017
Comic Relief Programme Manager
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Comic Relief Programme Manager will provide strategic leadership and is accountable for providing management and oversight of the implementation of the Comic Relief programme and to represent and advocate for Save the Children’s work and organizational priorities with a wide range of external parties including government representatives, communities, donors, UN and other agencies operating in Songwe and at Dar es Salaam level.
Contract Duration: 1 year
Location: Dar es Salaam with regular visits to Mbozi, Songwe
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Education, Social Science, Policy or equivalent fields.
- Minimum five years of relevant area work experience in leading design and implementation of development programmes (a background in education/early childhood development programming is desirable but not essential).
- Experience of leading complex, innovative and adaptive programmes within a context of wider sector change.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with CSOs, beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Experience in building relationships, fostering interagency coordination and experience of representing an organisation to external parties.
- Strong demonstrable skills and experience in programme management, monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability.
- Substantial budget holding responsibilities – experience of managing an annual budget of approximately $500,000.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven leadership skills – previous experience of line managing staff.
- High level report writing skills in English.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs