Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 31 Jul 2017
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.MdM has been working in Tanzania since 1992 on HIV/AIDS development projects. Since 2010, MdM has implemented a Harm Reduction program in Temeke District focused on HIV and Hepatitis prevention among people who inject drugs (PWID). MdM program now focuses on sustaining and scaling up harm reduction across the city of Dar-es-Salaam through its training and resource center, which proposes notably technical assistance to partners.
In Kenya, the program started in 2014 and it was settled in Nairobi. In 2017, the program will focus on: a Drop In Centre (DIC) & outreach services offering prevention and access to HIV, HBV, HCV and STI testing/care and treatment + referral system. The empowerment of self-help support groups and networks. The capacity building of local, national and regional stakeholders. The advocacy campaigns/workshops for the promotion of an adapted and holistic approach to HR services.**
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the TRC coordinator you will work under direct supervision of the Tanzania general coordinator and bring occasional support to the Kenya program and mission. In Kenya you will work under the responsibility of the Kenya-Somalia general coordinator.
As the training and resource center coordinator your main responsabilities will be to:
At regional level
- ensure the quality of the training component of the programs and standardise full pedagogical approach of the TRCs (alongside with the respective tools/training plans/evaluation) for Tanzania and Kenya
- support the design and implementation of MdM strategy in terms of dissemination of HR model in Tanzania, Kenya and Eastern Africa in collaboration with General Coordinators (Tanzania / Kenya), Program Coordinators (Tanzania / Kenya) and HQ
- support the HR Nairobi team (via regular travel and distant support) to build its training strategy, curricula and plan
- support the HR Nairobi team in the recruitment of training positions
- participate in program proposal and reports writing, in documentation, in preparation and follow up of the programs budgets
- participate to the elaboration and development of the national strategy
- lead the development and design of the Tanzania training strategy, programs curricula and plans
- coach TRC managers in management tasks, prioritisation and planning
- develop resources, materials, approaches and modules according to the needs identified
- set up partnerships with other (training) institutions in Tanzania; to identify, create and train a pool of national trainers
- build training and service implementation capacity of local partners & involve them in TRC activities
- set collaborative priorities and make realistic plan for TRC with focus on technical assistance to implementing partners
- support training manager, trainers and peer educators to better organise training sessions (especially needs assessment, adults training methodologies, evaluation)
- capitalize good practices and tools of the program and contribute to develop a blog/webpage for the TRC (similar to the knowledge hub website), as well as brochures promoting training offers
- take lead in the development and review of IEC materials for the programme
- lead work on documentation of the HR models in Tanzania
- facilitate the documentations for standard operating procedures (SOPs) & operational guidelines on identified programmatic areas (example- primary health care for People who use drugs, drop-in centres etc.)
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 6 months
The position is based in Dar Es Salam with regular visits to Kenya. To be filled as soon as possible.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Extensive experience in building pedagogical tools and curricula
- Extensive experience in adult learning and training
- Experience of building capacity of NGOs
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Experience in Harm Reduction or HIV Programming is a plus
- Required Skills
- Extensive theoretical and practical background in adults training, pedagogy
- Knowledge on Harm Reduction, HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C prevention, care and treatment is a plus
- Proven experience in capacity building with multicultural partners
- Excellent reporting and communication skills
- Ability to work in strong collaboration with different level of constraints and interlocutors
- Fluently spoken and written English is essential
- Swahili and french is a plus
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply:
Please apply via: https://mdm.profilsearch.com/recrute/intranet/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=1990&idpartenaire=128