Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is bidding on an upcoming USAID proposal that will focus on strengthening malaria surveillance and improve targeting of vector control interventions across transmission zones in Tanzania. The Chief of Party, Malaria Surveillance and Vector Control will be responsible for technical leadership and management including meeting of the project's technical objectives, managing financial resources, managing program staff, managing partnering agreements, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with host government officials and local partners, managing donor reporting, and ensuring high-quality service delivery. The COP will represent Palladium to USAID and other donor groups, project partners, Ministries, community organizations, and private sector organizations.
- Provide overall strategic, technical, programmatic, financial, and management guidance and support for project activities with a focus on results and financial accountability
- Serve as the primary point of contact to USAID Agreement Officer Representative (AOR) and Technical Representative
- Establish and manage relationship and coordination with relevant stakeholders and serve as the primary project representative with HQ, government officials, the private sector, local and international NGOs, implementing partners, and community members
- Manage project technical, operations and administrative staff and work with the US-based country management support team to ensure responsive and efficient project operations
- Ensure that project objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that financial, operational, and reporting requirements of the donor are adhered to
- Serve as the primary liaison with the client, other donors, partners, and stakeholders
- Work with and build the capacity of local government authorities and local community based organizations
- Facilitate the management of sub-contractors, including maintaining clear and transparent lines of communication
- Provide analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider and resolve project challenges, particularly as they relate to implementation quality, and meeting requirements and milestones
- Ensure clear lines of communications to keep staff informed of relevant information and dialog both in the field and from headquarters
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline (MBA, MD, MPH, PhD) from an accredited academic institution
- Minimum of 10 of experience in the technical and administrative management of large, multi-year donor funded projects with demonstrated increasing levels of leadership and management responsibility
- Experience managing complex, large-scale, donor-funded programs (USAID experience required)
- Minimum of five years of experience in a Project Director or Chief of Party capacity
- Experience in malaria surveillance and/or vector control interventions
- Experience in sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Tanzania
- Demonstrated skills in effectively engaging stakeholders including senior level staff in government agencies and civil society organizations, private sector, universities, media, and international donor agencies
- Demonstrated experience managing a diverse team of technical experts to high level performance, delivery of high quality deliverables and staff retention
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a defined timeline
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial and evaluative skills
- Fluency in English is required; in addition, Kiswahili is preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=amFuZXQuZ3JhYmVyLjE1Mzc0LjM4MzBAcGFsbGFkaXVtLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ