Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is bidding on an upcoming USAID proposal that will focus on strengthening malaria surveillance and improving targeting of vector control interventions across transmission zones in Tanzania. Under the leadership of the Chief of Party (COP), the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will lead and oversee project activities. The DCOP will work with the COP to develop and implement the project work plan and ensure timely provision of high-quality deliverables and routine project reports. The DCOP is the secondary point of contact for the USAID Agreement Officer's Representative (AOR) and will serve as the acting COP when needed.
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical assistance to the program, technical staff, and administrators for the program
- Provides analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems
- Leads and/or reviews and monitors programmatic functions, i.e. development of work plans, budgets and quarterly/annual reports
- Ensures quality of services and compliance, per project requirements
- Provides functional guidance to outside vendors to ensure deliverables are met within timelines and budgets, as needed
- Participates in and/or prepares necessary project-related reports presentations and white papers
- Organizes and supports, as needed, project trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings
- Participates, and represents the organization as needed, in outside associations, conferences, and symposia.
- Leads and assists in research, data collection, policy formulation, training, and capacity building efforts in support of agreement activities and deliverables
- Supervises senior technical staff and provides guidance to mid- and junior-level staff members
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline (MBA, MD, MPH, PhD) from an accredited academic institution
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in public health program management, health governance, monitoring and evaluation, or other field related to international health programs are required
- Demonstrated success in collaboration and coordination across partners, sectors, and with home office
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills
- Demonstrated experience managing projects or programs
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a defined timeline
- Ability to anticipate, respond, and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands
- Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations
- Experience managing complex, large-scale, donor-funded programs (USAID experience required)
- Fluency in English is required, Kiswahili is preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=amFuZXQuZ3JhYmVyLjcxMzQ3LjM4MzBAcGFsbGFkaXVtLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ