- Serves as principal assistant to the Chief of Operations, responsible for day-to-day administrative operations of the Office of the Chief of Operations.
- Analyses and maintains an overview of the work of the office of the Chief of Operations to ensure that timely administrative support is provided. Organizes Operations section meetings, coordinates daily agenda and meetings, participates in meetings and discussions on important and sensitive issues, interprets and assesses the impact of changes.
- Plans and coordinates the Chief of Operations duty travel, public appearances and meetings with government officials, other partners and UNICEF staff. Liaises to arrange itineraries of field visits; prepares/collates briefing materials under the guidance of the Chief of Operations.
- Reviews all incoming correspondence, messages and documentation. Apprises the Chief of Operations of urgent and important issues. Determines routing-for-action to senior staff, follows-up on the actions taken and provides information updates regarding subsequent developments and issues.
- Responsible for coordination of visits of high level officials/visitors, ensuring adherence to protocol; manages specific administrative/programmatic requirements and organizes official receptions.
- Liaises with Sections/Field Offices, UN OMT and external contacts, and supports in following up on pending actions for the Chief of Operations. Advises and assists senior staff in the area of office management. Brings to the Chief of Operations’ attention sensitivities/issues requiring intervention/action.
- Prepares correspondence, special reports, evaluations and justifications that may be of a confidential nature. Maintains documents for easy access/retrieval.
- Perform other duties as required.
Deadline: 14 July 2017