This internship is an opportunity to gain insight into one of the world's leading independent centres for practical policy research and debate on the politics and international relations of sub-Saharan African states. The successful applicant will be an integral part of the Chatham House Africa Programme team and gain valuable experience from supporting its current projects and activities.
For more information about the Africa Programme please see the relevant pages on the website.
Applicants should have:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in international relations, development studies, politics, or related field;
- Demonstrable interest in African affairs;
- Strong writing skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills
Although flexible, we are ideally looking for someone who is able to commit 3 -4 days a week.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship. However, travel expenses to and from work within London (zones 1-6) will be reimbursed for the days worked. Lunch will also be provided in the staff canteen.
To apply please send a CV, covering letter, a writing sample and the names of two referees to:
Programme Administrator, Africa Programme
Start date: 11 September 2017
End Date: 15 December 2017
Closing date for applications: 27 August 2017
Interview Period: 6-8 September 2017