Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 17 Nov 2017
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The purpose of the role (60%) is to lead the Emergency Response and Preparedness in the Tanzania Country Office by ensuring that high quality, experienced personnel are deployed at speed and scale when and where emergency strikes and the CO is prepared to initiate response to any new disasters. The post holder will manage the Save the Children (Kigoma area) emergency response and analyse opportunities for growth in collaboration with the Director Program Implementation, and Country Director. In addition, with estimated 40% effort the Operations Manager will provide management and oversight of the implementation of all the awards in Dar es Salaam (DeS). She/he will be based out of DeS to represent and advocate for Save the Children's work, and organizational priorities with a wide range of external parties including government representatives, communities, donors, UN and other humanitarian agencies operating in the area. She/he will provide leadership and guidance to the programme team comprising of different sectors, currently: Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Health/Adolescents and Education.
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Location: Dar es Salaam /Kibondo
- Extensive experience of working within a senior management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state.
- Previous experience of managing programme teams in large-scale first phase emergency response is essential.
- Experience in sectors of CP, CRG, Education and Health/youth programming will be considered as strong assets as well as practical knowledge of child participation methodologies.
- Strong technical grasp of Project Management (diploma, accreditation) will be considered an asset.
- Five years of relevant area work experience or equivalent.
- Experience in building relationships, fostering interagency coordination and experience of representing an organisation to external parties.
- Education: MA / MSc level in development studies, humanitarian leadership, social sciences (or equivalent field experience).
- Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes (including ECHO, DFID, BPRM, FFO and OFDA) of USD 2m+ in a first and second phase response at regional or country level.
- Experience of media representation and advocacy.
- Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability systems in large complex programmes.
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational level.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- A commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bW9uaWNhLjU4ODcyLjM4MzBAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t