Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 28 Dec 2017
The Finance & Administration Director, reporting to the Team Leader, is responsible for contract management; oversight of procurement and subcontracting; budgeting, financial management and reporting; human resources management, and the general administrative support for the program. S/he works in partnership with the Team Leader to ensure that the project team has the administrative and financial support required to deliver on the Terms of Reference and approved workplans.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Ensure compliance with DFID and Abt Associates policies, regulations and procedures governing the project contract.
Oversee the development of administrative and operations management systems and processes required to support project implementation, ensuring compliance with DFID and Abt policies and regulations.
Manage the provision of operational support to project activities, ensuring that project senior management and program staff have the support required to implement the Terms of Reference.
Manage implementation of financial, administrative, and human resources (HR) policies and procedures that meet project needs and corporate and client requirements.
Provide ongoing financial administration to the project including approvals of purchase requisitions, consultant agreements, vendor invoices, and client invoices.
Oversee procurement efforts for the project including selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of subcontractors on the project in compliance with DFID and Abt Associates procurement regulations.
Supervise institutional subcontracts and sub-agreements with assistance from the home office project team (Finance and Contract Manager, in particular).
Guide the administrative team on aspects of project annual work planning, and ensure that quality operational plans, budgets, and reports are submitted as per contract agreements.
Ensure that project budget projections, expenditure, tracking and reporting are in accordance with DFID and project requirements, procedures, and practices for compliance and audits.
Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems, and provide financial performance updates on project activities.
Ensure accuracy and completeness of monthly financial reports.
Develop and manage project banking procedures and transactions.
Human Resources & Performance Management
Oversee all human resources management functions – recruitment, hiring, transition and termination; benefits administration; performance appraisal and ongoing performance management; leave tracking; rewards and recognition; disciplinary processes – in collaboration with Abt’s human resources department.
Supervise all financial, administrative and operational project support staff.
Ensure that staff, team members and consultants understand their roles and responsibilities and comply with contract requirements, DFID and Abt Associates’ HR policies and procedures for hiring, performance reviews, terminations, etc.
Provide training to staff on project procedures as well as building skill-levels of project staff in the area of finance, administration, and project management.
General Project Management
Contribute to monthly and quarterly reporting processes, to enable the Team Leader to provide regular status and progress reports to DFID and Abt Associates.
In collaboration with the Team Leader, coordinate with the Bethesda-based project management team to assure that all managerial and administrative matters are communicated and actions comply with the provisions of the contract and with DFID.
Serve as acting-in-charge in absence of the Team Leader and represent Abt Associates and the project to DFID, the host country government and other key stakeholders, as assigned.
Liaison with Bethesda-based Finance and Contracts Manager and International Accounting Manager on all operational and financial issues.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum), or a Master’s degree (desirable), in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or other relevant field.
- At least 10 years of professional work experience in the financial and administrative management of large complex development projects, preferably with DFID or other donor funding.
- Supervisory and/or management work experience including: (1) direct supervision of professional and support staff; (2) quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; (3) contract management (required); and (4) ability to lead large complex programs and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams.
- Excellent financial management skills and knowledge of latest management tools and computer applications.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English communications skills.
- (10+) years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To be considered for this position, an applicant must submit the following:
- Project Name and Position Title
- Updated CV
- Cover Letter that describes how the candidate meets the minimum qualifications
Link to application: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=52683&company=AbtPROD&username=